Trust of our Customers is important for Labrains SIA, hereinafter referred to as LABRAINS. Our objective is to make our Customers feel secure in disclosing their personal information to us. In our daily activities, we make sure that the personal data are protected. LABRAINS cares for the privacy and protection of personal data of its Customer, observes the Customers' rights to the lawfulness of personal data processing in accordance with the Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, hereinafter referred to as the Regulation, and other regulatory enactments in force in the Republic of Latvia, binding instructions and regulations issued by the responsible institutions in the field of privacy and data processing.
- data subject: a natural person who can be directly or indirectly identified;
- personal data: any information directly or indirectly attributable to a natural person;
- services: services and goods of any kind offered and provided by LABRAINS online or in person;
- personal data processing: any activities performed with personal data, including collection, registration, entry, storage, use, transfer, blocking or deletion of data.
- controller: a natural person or legal entity, a state or municipal institution, which alone or together with others determines the personal data processing purposes and means, as well as is responsible for the personal data processing in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law.
Table of Contents:
- Controllerand contact information
- How do we obtain personal data?
- What personal data do we obtain?
- What purposes do we process personal data for and what is the legal basis for the processing?
- Whom can we provide personal data to?
- How long do we store data?
- What are the data subject's rights and obligations?
- Where to go in case of questions or uncertainties?
- Cookies use terms
- Controller and contact information
The personal data processing controller is SIA LABRAINS (unified registration No. 40003838987, registered office: Maskavas iela 127A, Riga, LV-1003), hereinafter referred to as LABRAINS.
LABRAINS contact information for the issues related to personal data processing is: email@example.com. Using this contact information or contacting the LABRAINS registered office, one can ask questions about the personal data processing. A request for the exercise of one’s rights may be submitted:
- in writing in person, previously arranging the visit by calling. 28010107, presenting an identity document at SIA LABRAINS office at Maskavas iela 127;
- in form of an e-mail, signing with a secure electronic signature.
- How do we obtain personal data?
We may receive personal data in a number of ways, and the information we obtain about a person depends on the content of the transaction, also the selected and used Service, including:
- applying for and using LABRAINS services;
- shopping in the Web Store;
- applying for receipt of news and for workshops;
- requesting information or submitting an application for examination of a specific issue or request;
- within the framework of mutual cooperation of any kind, for example, participating in events organized or activities supported by LABRAINS, during which photos may be taken or a video may be recorded, information whereof has been previously provided, contacting LABRAINS via our information channels, including in social networks;
- visiting the LABRAINS website, cookies may be used, whereof we inform during the visit to the website (more detailed information about cookies is available in Clause 10 of this policy);
- applying for and participating in studies.
4, What personal data do we obtain and what are the purposes of the processing of personal data?
Depending on the used service or cooperation, we obtain the following data mentioned below:
- basic data or identification data of a person/customer: name, surname, date of birth;
- data related to the relationship with the Customer or information resulting from the services provided to the Customer: documents confirming the purchase of goods and related transactions, payment data, product delivery data, visual image, customers’ applications, customer’s contact information: name, surname, phone number, e-mail address;
- data obtained on the basis of the Customer's consent. The consent is valid until it is fulfilled or, accordingly, revoked, whichever is the earlier.
- photographs/ photo images: photographs/ photo images from LABRAINS events, studies, photo taking date;
- study data and the Customer’s related information;
- video data: video from customers’ events, recording date.
5. What purposes do we process personal data for and what is the legal basis for the processing?
LABRAINS only processes personal data for specific and necessary purposes in order to ensure efficient customer service, cooperation, organization of events on the basis of certain legal bases, including LABRAINS legitimate interests.
Your data are processed:
- for the provision of services and ensuring the performance of the contract/transaction, including registering and shopping at the web store, in service applications at the website www.labrains.lv. The purpose of processing refers to the provision of services and the performance of concluded contracts (transactions). Your personal data related to the provision for performance of the contract/transaction is only processed by LABRAINS and our partners providing the delivery of orders, IT structures and payment platforms. The minimum required amount of personal data is transferred to cooperation partners. We perform processing on the basis of law and contract (transaction).
- for the preparation and conclusion of the contract. The purpose of processing refers to new customers, first-time or new services/transactions. We perform processing on the basis of law and contract (transaction).
- in cases of mutual communication, in order to provide support and information to the data subject, including for resolving the raised issues. The purpose of the processing refers to the mutual communication of the data subject and LABRAINS, including applications submitted by the data subject or any contact (including by post, e-mail, at the website, etc.). We perform processing on the basis of law and contract (transaction), including on the basis of the submitted application or issue.
- for marketing and communication needs. The purpose of the processing refers to the sending of LABRAINS commercial notices, customer loyalty events, workshops, trainings and other specific purposes, for example, if you participate in any event organized by LABRAINS, during which photo images may be taken or video may be recorded, information whereof has been previously provided. We perform processing on the basis of the data subject’s consent.
- for accounting/financial and tax management. The purpose of processing refers to accounting, payment of taxes, settlements, etc. We perform processing on the basis of law and contract (transaction).
LABRAINS only processes the Personal Data for the mentioned processing purposes. For the purposes of protection of the interests of natural persons, LABRAINS protects the Customer’s data by using modern technology possibilities, reasonably available organizational, financial and technical resources, as well as security measures. Within the framework of these measures, we ensure an appropriate level of information protection, in order to prevent unauthorized access to personal data.
- Whom can we provide personal data to?
We may share the information you provide with our cooperation partners, service providers, in individual cases, when it has a specific purpose, for example, to ensure the high-quality and operative performance of the obligations under the contract concluded with the Customer. We may authorize our cooperation partners to deliver goods, process payments or ensure provision of services, for example, to attract cooperation partners for marketing and sales promotion purposes, in provision of direct marketing and management of sales projects, as well as providing management (cooperation partners for management and ensuring of LABRAINS organizational, financial management and accounting processes, including auditors, event organizers, etc.).
We have the right to transfer to the cooperation partners the Customer’s personal data necessary for the performance of these services to the extent necessary for the performance of these activities. Cooperation partners will ensure compliance with the personal data processing and protection requirements according to the LABRAINS requirements and legal enactments, and will not use personal data for other purposes except we have authorized them to.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- if required by law or legal proceedings;
- to law enforcement institutions, as well as state and municipal institutions, at their request;
- if we believe that the disclosure of personal data is necessary or appropriate, in order to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation into a possible or actual illegal activities;
- to protect property rights as well as service and legal rights;
- to observe any applicable legal enactments.
- How long do we store data?
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data at any time, to verify the correctness of the stored information and/or to correct or update this information. We will make every effort to provide you with appropriate access to any of your personal information that we store, within 30 days of receiving your request.To protect your privacy and security, we will take appropriate measures to verify your identity before issuing information about the personal data you have requested. LABRAINS examines data subjects’ applications in relation to the mentioned rights free of charge. The examination of the application may be refused or a reasonable fee may be applied to it if they have been submitted obviously unreasonably or excessively.
You can withdraw your consents at any time. Giving or withdrawing the consent is a person’s free choice and does not impose any additional obligations. However, if a person decides to withdraw any of the given consents, it must be taken into account that the data processing related to a specific consent will no longer be provided and the available possibilities may no longer be available at the previous level.
You can also unsubscribe from commercial notices at any time by sending an application/notification to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the automated possibility provided for in the commercial notice to unsubscribe from further notices by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of the respective commercial notice (e-mail).
The data subject is obliged to:
- provide us with information about changes in the data you provided, since it is important for us that we have true and up-to-date information at our disposal;
- if necessary, provide us with additional information. Within the framework of communication and cooperation, we may ask to provide additional information to make sure that the communication or cooperation takes place with a certain natural person and that the information about this person disclosed within the framework of communication and/or cooperation is only disclosed to this particular person without infringing the rights of the other persons.
- Where to go in case of questions or uncertainties?
LABRAINS SIA, Maskavas iela 127, Riga, LV-1003
Phone number: 28010107
- Cookie use terms
Cookies are small text files that are saved on your device (computer or mobile device) when you visit certain websites. LABRAINS uses similar technologies, such as pixels, web beacons, digital string identifiers, etc. They are often used as a website mechanism that remembers useful information, for example, your login information, and can facilitate the convenience of browsing the website.
Cookies store such information as the IP address, the type of used device, the used browser, the activity at the Website and the visited websites.
The website uses several types of cookies for different purposes:
- Mandatory cookies: cookies are used to ensure the operation of the Website, including to allow you to use our services and log in to your account. These cookies are used on the basis of our legitimate interest to ensure the operation of the website and provide you with the services. The mandatory cookies are stored until you close your browser, i. e., until the end of the session.
- Analytical/performance cookies: Cookies allow us to identify and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how these visitors navigate the website. The legal basis for the use of these cookies is our legitimate interest to improve the operation of the website, for example by providing a search option. Analytical/performance cookies are always stored on your device.
- Functional cookies: Cookies allow the website to remember your chosen settings and choices, which makes it easier to use the website, for example, that you want to stay logged in to the website. These cookies are used on the basis of our legitimate interest to provide, improve and make the website convenient to use. Functional cookies are always stored on your device.
- Target/Advertising cookies: Cookies are used to record your visit to the website, the websites you have visited and the links you have used, in order to offer and display our products or services or products or services of our partners matching your interests. These cookies are used on the basis of your consent. By visiting the website and using the services we provide, you agree to the use of target/advertising cookies. Target/advertising cookies are stored until you delete cookies in your browser. To obtained additional information about the targeted advertising, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) educational page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Cookies are processed and received by us and our cooperation partners, who ensure the operation of the website, compile and analyse your activities at the website. Cookie information is not transferred outside of the European Union and the EEA.
HOW TO RESTRICT AND DELETE COOKIES
If you want to restrict, block or delete cookies, this option is ensured by changing the settings of your browser. You cannot refuse to use the mandatory and functional cookies, because without them it is not possible to ensure the functioning of the website. You also cannot refuse to use the analytical cookies, because they are required for us to improve the operation of the Website.
We use Facebook pixel. You can opt out of using them on Facebook un Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
For more general information about cookies and how to manage them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You have the right to contact the data protection supervisory authority – the Data State Inspectorate, Blaumana iela 11/13-15, Riga, LV-1011, phone: 67223131, e-mail: email@example.com