Proper selection and use of natural anti-age facial skincare products can significantly delay facial skin aging.
WHAT IS FACIAL SKIN AGEING?
Facial skin aging is a set of physiological processes characterised by the following features:
- the production of collagen and elastin decreases, therefore the elasticity and firmness of the skin is lost;
- facial expression lines deepen;
- the ability of the skin to retain water molecules decreases, so the skin dries out and becomes thinner.
The main signs of facial skin aging:
- fine wrinkles are formed;
- the skin becomes thinner, drier, possible redness appears;
- the subcutaneous fat layer decreases;
- excretion of sweat decreases;
- unwanted hair growth in places where such has not been observed previously.
To prevent facial skin aging, it is important to take good care of the skin on a daily basis. Facial skin aging is effectively prevented by a healthy lifestyle, facial skin cleansing and properly selected, age-appropriate natural anti-age facial skincare products.
LABRAINS natural anti-age facial skincare product line RESISTAGE with active ingredients of Northern wetland plants is specially designed to reduce and prevent visible signs of facial skin aging, as well as to slow down the skin aging process, which is also characterised by dryness and redness of the skin.
HOW DOES FACIAL SKIN AGE?
Skin aging is determined by two factors:
- physiological or natural facial skin aging;
- facial skin aging due to external factors.
Physiological aging is a natural process that cannot be avoided. It begins at the age of 20, the change takes place gradually over many years, so it is initially invisible to the naked eye.
The way how the skin ages are determined by both the hormonal condition of the body and the heredity, on which a person's skin type (normal, dry, oily or combination skin) depends, which in turn affects the general condition of the skin. For example, if a mother has dry and thin skin that loses firmness and ages early, it is possible that a similar skin type is inherited by a daughter.
It is not in our power to influence the physiological aging of the skin – it is programmed at birth. However, we are able to significantly limit the exposure to external factors, keeping facial skin healthy and fresh for as long as possible.
Research carried out by LABRAINS during the development of natural anti-age cosmetics confirms that natural anti-age skincare products based on biologically active Northern wetland herbal substances slow down premature skin aging, therefore are particularly recommended for daily use.
WHAT CONTRIBUTES TO FACIAL SKIN AGEING?
The external facial skin aging processes are enhanced by:
- solar UV radiation and solariums;
- unhealthy diet;
- rosacea or reddened, even red skin;
- excessive alcohol consumption;
- sleeping posture, facial expressions, gravity;
- aggressive external environment (e.g. dry air, cold, wind);
- use of facial procedures unsuitable for the skin type (for instance, intensive treatment of thin skin with abrasive peeling);
- inappropriate choice of skincare and cosmetics products, etc.
Facial skin aging begins when it is not yet visually visible. Take good care of your skin now!
Solar UV radiation
One of the most aggressive and harmful external factors that contribute to skin aging is solar ultraviolet radiation. Although low doses of UV radiation are important for providing our body with vitamin D, excessive sun exposure negatively affects the skin and promotes its premature aging. The radiation penetrates deep into the lower layers of the skin, or dermis, causing direct and indirect damage to cellular DNA, which can lead to skin cancer. Artificial sun or solarium radiation is especially harmful to the skin.
Harmful effects of solar UV radiation:
- damages connective tissue, causing premature aging of the skin;
- accelerates the formation of wrinkles;
- promotes the development of age spots or pigmentation;
- enhances skin thickening, roughness;
- promotes loss of firmness and elasticity of the skin.
In the terminology of dermatologists, accelerated skin aging under the influence of the sun has a special term – photoaging.
The biochemical processes caused by smoking accelerate the aging of the body, including the premature aging of the skin. Various studies show that for those who smoke more than ten cigarettes a day, wrinkles on the face appear deeper than for non-smokers within ten years’ time.
2% of world's population or 140 million people are affected by rosacea.
Rosacea is a disease caused by both heredity and external conditions. It most often manifests as reddened, even red facial skin. It is also called a couperose facial skin, as the redness is caused by dilated blood vessels located close to the surface of the skin.
To reduce the exacerbation of rosacea, dermatologists recommend facial laser treatment procedures and, in some cases, medication to reduce inflammation. With laser procedures, it is possible to improve the facial microcircular system for a while – after such procedures complaints about the symptoms of rosacea are reduced and the appearance of the skin is improved. In order to maintain the improvements, in the long run, it is desirable to use natural skincare products after the procedure.
Recent studies show that for patients with rosacea who use natural facial skincare products after laser treatment procedures, the improvement is 36%, but for those who use artificially synthesised ones – only 12%. Therefore, only natural cosmetics should be used for reddened and red facial skincare.
Excessive alcohol consumption damages and dilates the blood vessels, promoting unhealthy redness and swelling of the face. The body is dehydrated, loses vitamins and minerals, which contributes to the general dryness and faster aging of the facial skin.
Sleeping posture, facial expressions, gravity
Sleeping in the same position at night for years can promote the development of wrinkles. Side-sleeping may cause the appearance of such wrinkles on the cheeks, chin or forehead. It is best to sleep on your back, thus preventing the formation of wrinkles.
Emotions, facial expressions and facial muscle movements leave traces on the face. Over the years, as the skin loses elasticity, irreversible deep facial lines and wrinkles form, which can significantly change your facial expression.
Over the years, the facial features, especially the cheeks, tend to slip downwards under the influence of gravity. The corners of the mouth, eyelids and the tip of the nose also droop, the lower lip appears as if swollen. It is not possible to resist gravity, but its effects will be reduced if the body is in good physical shape, with developed body muscles and generally toned, which will also allow the facial skin to remain firm and youthful for longer.
NATURAL ANTI-AGE COSMETICS
LABRAINS natural cosmetics contain extracts obtained from moss and plant stem cells, as well as hyaluronic acid complex, which altogether ensure the lifting effect of facial skin and reduction of neck wrinkles up to 32%
LABRAINS scientifically developed natural anti-age cosmetics contain active ingredients of Northern wetland plants. The formulae of these products are designed to improve the overall health condition and natural biochemistry of all the layers of the skin, so only ingredients of natural origin have been selected in their development.
Northern plants are subjected to great stress during their growing season, so they contain a lot of biologically active substances that help them survive. Studies show that these substances, which are included in natural anti-age skincare products, are effective in slowing down the aging process of the skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
RESISTAGE Renovation Sculptor cream for daily use is designed for intensive protection of the skin during the day and strengthening its natural barrier function, at the same time improving firmness and elasticity. It contains extracts derived from moss and plant stem cells and hyaluronic acid complex with clinically proven effects.
RESISTAGE Night Restoration Architect cream for all skin types with signs of aging is designed to intensively nourish and revitalise the skin of the face and décolleté area at the end of the day after the harmful effects of everyday stress and atmospheric factors. The formula is based on an innovative combination of natural active ingredients with scientifically proven effects. The cream contains cranberry, fennel and dragonhead extracts and hyaluronic acid complex.
YOUR ANTI-AGE PLAN
Facial skin ageing is effectively delayed by use of natural cosmetics.
Proper skincare is important to keep the facial skin fresh for longer and to delay the signs of aging. Skin cleansing and hydration have to be balanced.
Before choosing skincare products, it is important to:
- assess the condition and determine the type of the skin;
- determine if the skin is sensitive;
- take into account the presence of acne, depigmentation and other signs of UV radiation effects on the skin;
- pay attention to the environmental conditions, as humidity, temperature, wind and pollutants are important factors to consider when choosing the right skincare products.
Steps for proper facial skincare:
- facial skin cleansing;
- facial skin toning;
- application of skincare serum or cream;
- exfoliation and application of face mask 1-2 times a week;
- use of sunscreen against UV radiation.
1. Facial skin cleansing
Facial cleansing removes dirt, dust, sweat, environmental toxins and make-up. Facial cleansing should be done carefully, choosing the right facial cleansing products so as not to damage the natural protective barrier of the skin.
The skin should be cleansed gently, without rubbing it with a cosmetic sponge, washing cloth or towel, as this may cause irritation.
If the skin is cleansed too intensely, the condition of the skin may deteriorate as it begins to react actively to maintain balance – it may become even drier (if the skin is thin and dry) or oilier (if the skin is oily).
The facial cleanser should be used once or twice a day – in the evening or in the morning and evening.
Before choosing a cleansing product, take into account the type and individual characteristics of your facial skin:
- for dry skin it is better to choose cleansing milk or creamy products,
- for sensitive and reactive skin may be better not to use cleansers at all,
- for oily or combination skin type – cleansing foam or gel.
To cleanse your face gently and effectively, it is best to choose natural cosmetics. LABRAINS facial skin purifying and cleansing product line CLEANSEA is based on natural northern plants and their unique active ingredients.
LABRAINS CLEANSEA facial cleansing gel with sapropel mud from the Nordic freshwater lakes is a unique, intensely moisturising facial cleanser. This innovative solution simultaneously attracts water molecules, removes grease and structures them into organic metal compounds for easier rinsing. The skin is relieved from all excess residue and retains its original moisture level. The scientifically developed composition protects against premature aging caused by urban air pollution and refreshes the skin with an invigorating dose of natural energy.
2. Facial skin toning
- The tonic removes residual sebaceous gland secretions from the skin and reduces pores, thus limiting the formation of pimples.
- The tonic, lotion or micellar water should be used twice a day, mornings and evenings, to restore acid/alkali or pH balance, refresh and tone the skin of the face. These products can also act as a carrier for other agents applied to the skin. They do not need to be rinsed!
- If a lotion or micellar water is used as a cleansing agent, it is not necessary to use any additional products to restore the acid/alkali or pH balance.
- Many tonics contain astringents such as ethanol, citrus extract and potassium alum, which will be suitable for oily, combination skin. They are not recommended for sensitive, reactive skincare. The tonic may also contain moisturising ingredients such as propylene glycol butylene glycol and sorbitol, which provide additional moisturisation.
LABRAINS CLEANSEA natural micellar water is ideal for dry and sensitive skin but is suitable for all skin types. Contains atomised seawater – an active ingredient saturated with minerals, which does not cause irritation and is also suitable for very sensitive and reddened skin. Acts as an anti-inflammatory and soothing agent promote skin radiance.
3. Application of skincare serum or cream
The serum or cream should be used twice a day. For oily/combination skin, lighter textured products such as gels, gel creams and lotions are preferred, while for dry skin the most suitable are creams. To reduce the signs of skin aging, anti-age facial skin rejuvenation products should be chosen. It is especially important to use anti-age cosmetics in the care of mature facial skin.
The LABRAINS RESISTAGE product line with unique active ingredients derived from wetland plants helps to reduce and eliminate the visible signs of aging, as well as to slow down the aging process of the skin. Depending on the condition of the skin, the serum should be applied once or twice a day before applying the day or night cream.
RESISTAGE Renovation Sculptor serum for facial skin rejuvenation is suitable for all skin types.
4. Exfoliators and face masks
Exfoliating products cleanse the facial skin of dead cells, making it lighter. Cleansing face masks refresh the skin and help maintain its moisture balance.
- Scrubs can be used no more than once a week and only if there are no signs of inflammation of the skin (pink and white rash). Use a moisturiser afterwards.
- Sensitive skin should not be scrubbed with abrasive particles. A gentle peeling mask should be chosen.
- For oily/combination skin types coal, clay, mud and fruit acid masks are suitable. After, a moisturising cream should be applied.
5. Use of sunscreen against UV radiation
Protection of the facial skin against the sun should be ensured throughout the year by choosing a wide range of sunscreens according to the type and phototype of the skin, as well as following the UV radiation index – from SPF 30 to SPF 50.
Choice of the right sunscreen ensures the health of the skin.